It appears that nobody is above the fray.
Feeling mauled by the seemingly undying bear market? Take a look at the year-to-date performance for some biggest of the big-name investors and consider yourself in good company:
- Warren Buffett (Berkshire Hathaway): -43%
- Ken Hebner (CMG Focus Fund) -56%
- Harry Lange (Fidelity Magellan): -59%
- Bill Miller (Legg Mason Value Trust) -50%
- Ken Griffin (Citadel): -44%
- Carl Icahn (Icahn Enterprises): -81%
- T. Boone Pickens: Down $2 billion since July
- Kirk Kerkorian: Down $693 million on his Ford shares alone
My guest John Roque, managing director and technical analyst at Natixis Bleichroeder, suggests these staggering losses are simply a matter of the fact that “a bear market gets everyone” — even Wall Street legends.